St. Kitts Marriage Requirements at Ocean Terrace Inn
Unless you are a citizen of St. Kitts, there are a few requirements you need to meet before you can exchange vows and become man and wife under our tropical sun. To ensure that everything is in order before your ceremony, here is a list of regulations you need to meet. Feel free to discuss these requirements with any of our wedding specialists here at Ocean Terrace Inn.
What you’ll need:
- A valid passport and birth certificate.
- Passport, driver’s license or other photo ID.
- If divorced, a notarized copy of the divorce absolute, or an affidavit confirming single status.
- If widowed, a copy of the death certificate of the deceased spouse.
- If under eighteen (18), a notarized letter of permission from both parents or legal
- If a Catholic priest is to perform the ceremony, a letter must come from the couple’s resident priest verifying that they are unmarried and that they have received the necessary instruction. All Catholic weddings take place in the church.
- If an Anglican or other minister of religion is to perform the ceremony, it is recommended that a letter be brought from the couple’s resident minister verifying that they are known and unmarried.
There are two types of marriage licenses available on the Caribbean Island of St. Kitts:
- Ordinary license – one of you must be resident in St Kitts for 15 days preceding the date of the application for the license. The cost for this license is EC$50.
- Special license – one of you has to be resident in St Kitts or Nevis for two working days prior to the date of your wedding. The cost for this license is EC$200.